Position: Junior / Intermediate Full-Stack Software Developer
Location: Ottawa, ON
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our Software Development team and contribute to the design, development, testing and deployment of an innovative health technology product targeting neurological conditions including Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Parkinson’s Disease. Our team includes leading neurologists from Canada (The Ottawa Hospital), the US (Harvard University) and the UK (Barts Health NHS Trust), as well as PhD researchers from the Department of Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa. The successful candidate will collaborate with a passionate team of local and global software developers to evolve and extend our current product offering. The position is based in our corporate headquarters in Kanata and will report to the Director of Technology.
The successful candidate will:
• Collaborate well with local and global team members throughout all phases of product design, build, test, and delivery.
• Iterate software development in an agile fashion by creating and testing hypotheses with incremental code releases and continuous integration.
• Identify multiple solutions to a given problem and evaluate each option for best fit, given the objectives and constraints of the project.
The successful candidate shall meet the following requirements:
• A post-secondary Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• A minimum of three years of experience in the design, development and maintenance of software. Equivalent experience through CO-OP placement is acceptable.
• Interpersonal and teamwork skills to help prioritize needs, provide meaningful contributions and deliver team results.
• Creative thinking to generate new and better ways of doing things and to create innovative new features or solutions.
• Advanced problem-solving skills to look beyond the obvious and understand the root cause of complex issues, to propose possible solutions and to overcome barriers to success.
• Resiliency to cope with change and continue to advance work tasks and projects.
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Computer Software, Information Technology, Health Technology
Position: Software Engineering, Development
Experience: Junior / Intermediate